Put $100 on Red

This one was a bit scary to complete. $100 is no small amount and the possibility of losing it is, well, 50/50.

I headed to Las Vegas this past weekend for my friend's bachelourette weekend and decided it was as good a time as any to check this item off the List. I went to the ATM and withdrew a crisp Ben Franklin, stuck it in my purse and waited for inspiration to hit.

Inspiration came at around 4:30 a.m. at Bill's Gambling Hall.

Fueled by a couple dirty martini's I scanned the floor looking for a "lucky" table. Now, I know random is random and really the odds on the wheel are even, but this did not stop me from choosing the table where the last six spins were red, red, black, black, black, red. After three black in a row followed by a red, I figured the odds were good. Even if, in truth, the odds were the same.

I walked up as people were placing bets, drew out my C-spot, put in on the table and told the croupier, "$100 on red." Did I mention I felt a little ill when I said this? My usual gambling rule goes like this: Start with $20. Once that is gone, walk away.

The wheel spun, the ball bounced and would you believe it... it came up RED! I jumped up and down and squealed a bit; grabbed my now TWO $100 chips and walked away. Hot damn, that was exciting.

"But, wait!" you say, "Isn't there supposed to be photographic evidence? Video?" Sorry kids, not this time. No cameras at the tables, but there are Pit Bosses aplenty to enforce that little rule. I do, however, have witnesses: the bride-to-be, Michele and our friend Haley. They will attest all the above is true.

fiftybefore50
Gotta love Mr. Franklin!


Comments

  1. Woot! Woot! Not only did you make a check off your bucket list, but you also won!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment