Hollandaise, Attempt #2

Sorry Betty Crocker, but Julia Child could totally kick your butt in a celebrity cage match if your only weapon was your Hollandaise sauce recipe. Thanksgiving morning I decided to make Eggs Benny for me and the kids because, hey, who doesn't want to make an elaborate breakfast on a day full of elaborate cooking?

So started Hollandaise attempt #2. (read about my first ever attempt) I pulled out my trusty bright orange, 1986 edition of the Betty Crocker cookbook and thumbed to the proper page.

 Strangely, it was nestled up against the asparagus section. Please note, there is a microwave option.


I made it per Betty's somewhat vague instructions.



Topped my eggs, ham and English muffin.
Dug in.

Asked the kids their opinion. The foodie kids that they are, they had many: too lemony, good consistency, too salty

Apparently, this one is to be struck from the book.

Comments