Run 5k in 30 Minutes or Less

29 August 2013 - Hot damn! I did it. Yep, this year's Hood to Coast gave me the perfect route to finally achieve this goal. Leg 2 out of Government Camp was 5.67 miles with a de-elevation (is that a word?) of 1500ft. I think it was the socks.



17 April 2013 - I have be training for my half marathon in May, walking to work and doing a ton of circuit training in the past three months but haven't been trying to achieve this one.

That being said, I dropped my car at the shop at lunch and planned to walk/run the three miles back to work. At the two mile mark, I realised I was at 19 minutes.Sweet! In the end, I managed to do three miles in 30 min and 15 seconds. This is an entire minute per mile faster than my October time. I can see victory on the horizon!



17 Oct 2012 - Ok, this one is going to kill me. It seems pretty easy compared to completing a half-marathon each year, sky dive, etc...right? Nope. I can go the distance, but it is the speed I have trouble with. I'm a race-walker and going 5K in 30 min or less means I have to RUN it.

I started training for this goal in ernest yesterday, managing 3 miles in 34'11. This was a walk/run combo. and you can see by the "slow" red parts, that's where I walked.


My best 5K to date was back in 2009, when I did Bridge to Brews. Luckily, this is an ongoing goal and one I can continuously work on. Whew!

Comments