Cooked a Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner

I decided to host Thanksgiving at my house this year. I have participated in several at other people's houses over the years in both the U.S. and Canada (where the holiday is the same, but on the second Monday in October) but have never cooked a turkey or made stuffing. Below is a pictorial of the experience.
I ordered a fresh turkey from New Seasons Market, a locally owned mostly organic grocer.
My "humanly raised" turkey. Insert ironic comment here.

The savory bits for the stuffing. This was always the "boy" job in my house growing up. 

Two loaves of crustless buttermilk bread added to the onions, butter, celery and spices. 

Yes, I am a traditionalist when it comes to stuffing the turkey. It just doesn't taste the  same if you don't.

All buttered up and ready to go.

I added my secret ingredient into the recipe my co-worker gave me for cranberry sauce.


Bubble, bubble. Toil and trouble. Totally mis-quoting Will.

SO much better than the gross can stuff I grew up with. No wonder I never ate it.

Ana made a baguette to go with dinner.

The table is set: turkey, cranberry sauce, dressing, Caesar salad, garlic rosemary mashed potatoes, olives and creamed corn.


Comments